must-have winter skincare
As the cooler weather starts to roll in, which is kind of hard to believe, I’ve slowly started switching up my skin care routine and I’m seeing such good results! My fine lines have disappeared (yay!) and my skin feels tighter + well moisturized. A relief, for a dry skinned gal like me! This is also the time of year I like to reach for extra fluids and eat foods which are rich in Omega 3’s, like salmon, flaxseed, and moderate amounts of soy products. Also, on a slightly separate note… I’m excited to finally share a sneak peek of our master ensuite + I’ll be sure to do a full tour once we get it wallpapered. If you’d like to see more of our home? You can see our move in walk through here and our living room here! Now, onto the cold weather skin care tips:
1. Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel – I’ve sung high praises for this product before and absolutely swear by mine. I use it 1-2 times a week to help get all the dead skin off, and prep my skin for serums & moisturizers. It makes all the difference! If you haven’t tried it?! Run to Sephora, you will thank me, I promise!
2. Coconut Oil – I’ve recently started cleansing with coconut oil and love it! The biggest benefits I’ve noticed is my skin feels incredibly hydrated and my skin-tone is brighter and more even. I typically wash with a dime size amount if my skin is make up free, or I add a drop of foaming cleanser if I’m removing make up from my day.
3. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum – I’m obsessed with my Estée Serum! This is my first time trying it (I use mine day & night) and noticed results just after a few applications. It’s helped with my skin’s radiance, smoothed out my fine lines and added hydration back to my skin. Honestly, I feel like I’ve de-aged and I don’t mind one bit!
4. PHILOSOPHY Ultimate Miracle Worker Night Creme – While I’m no stranger to Philosphy’s skincare line, I’ve been using their products for years, this is my first time trying their Miracle Worker Night Creme and I love it! Philosophy has combined the power of a serum with the benefits of a cream to help restore radiance, minimize fine lines and help restore firmness. I’ve definitely experienced all of these benefits and the overall quality of my skin has improved significantly.
5. Eye Cream – Currently I’m using Loreal’s Revitalift Eye Cream, which I love + it gets great reviews on Ulta! But since I’m running out I wouldn’t mind trying Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Power Firm, or Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I’ve heard great things about both and I’d love to compare how a higher priced product performs. I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted!
6. Moisturizing foundation – For added moisture, I simply mix a little daily moisturizer to my foundation! For me, it totally does the trick and creates a very natural & light texture which is my favourite! I prefer to look as bare faced as possible!
There you have it, friends, my cold weather skin care routine! And if you have any questions? Shoot me an email, or ask in the comments below. I’ll be sure to answer by end of day, or tomorrow morning! xo
Shop The Post:
Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel, Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum, Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night Creme, Loreal’s Revitalift Eye Cream, Dermalogica Age Smart Power Firm, Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado