This post has been a long time coming. But, excited to finally get it up and share our kitchen tour with you. You can also see our living room here (although we’re in the midst of replacing several of our pieces) + you can see our new home walk through here. As for the kitchen? While I’d love to replace our backsplash & title with Carrara Marble, it just not going to happen with this home. We bought our 2 bed/2 bath condo 3 years ago and we plan on moving to a townhome in the next few years. It’ll be perfect for our someday family and our pooch Scout will love having a little yard too. It’ll be an interesting process though, if you’re unfamiliar with Vancouver real estate?! The prices are SO exorbitant. Houses, and old ones at that, are a mill+ in the suburbs and something brand spanking new runs well over two. We’re hoping a townhome might be the perfect compromise and won’t leave us completely house poor.
Also, may I be so bold… and ask what you guys think of the photos?! Cause, phew, totally forgot how hard interiors can be to photograph + I took these myself. Originally when I transferred to WordPress I was hoping to hire a photographer for the blog. However, with us saving for a townhome and purchasing a new SUV later next month… the timing doesn’t feel quite right and I really need to make saving a priority. But all in good time I’m sure!
Kitchen Decorating For Condos
And since we’re on the topic of kitchens? I thought I’d also share 5 of my favourite tips for giving your kitchen a more stylized and cozy vibe. And if you have tips of your own?! As always, I’d love to hear from you!
– Declutter: Personally, I’m not a fan of clutter, or having all my “kitchen” things out on display. I prefer kitchens which look polished and clean. When it comes to toasters, mixers, and small appliances? I keep them tucked away in my kitchen cabinets and out of sight. However, if you’re low on cabinet space? I’d recommend choosing small appliances that are more aesthetically pleasing so they can serve as display items as well.
– Add seasonal decor: When fall rolls around, I love adding pumpkins, green apples, candles and my favourite seasonal florals. And for Xmas this year? I’ll be adding a german glitter house to our cake stand, faux mixed pine berry bundle to our vase and replacing our pumpkin with a few of these darling trees!
– Stick to two colours: I try to keep things pretty toned down in our kitchen and stick to two colours. Currently, I have pink & green as my accent colour, and the rest are white and silver, which doesn’t really count since they blend with our kitchen counters and appliances. Our last kitchen, which was also lovely, had beautiful chocolate brown cabinets and was more traditional. I chose lots of white and grey/blue accents and I loved that too!
– Hate it, paint it: While our kitchen is new, we’re not strangers to living in an older home with an older kitchen. My motto? If you hate it, paint it. Painting your cabinets, white, or light grey, and adding vintage glass handles can make all the difference!
– Keep it clean: No matter the kitchen, keeping it clean will always help your home look great. After dinner, my hubby & I always tidy up, wipe down the stove and counters + put all our dishes in the dish washer and it feel so good!
Hope you enjoyed my kitchen tour today friends. You can shop my Old Navy ruffle hem sweater here (it’s on sale too!) and most of my home decor items are from Pottery Barn. I’ve included links below, or if they’re sold out? I’ve included similar ones!