Blog Spotlight: Second Edition!
I'm so thrilled to be featuring Andrea of Blonde Bedhead for my second edition of blog spotlight! I absolutely love being able to introduce you guys to my favourite bloggers, and learn a little bit more about these amazing blogging lovelies myself! When it comes to personal style blogs, I quickly fell head-over-heels for Andrea's. I love her ability for mixing beautiful feminine pieces with a more urban & edgy aesthetic, and she always features the most enviable shoes. Be sure to check out her blog; you will love her gorgeous style & sassy personality. Enjoy the interview!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself? Hello! I'm Andrea, a Michigan native, living and working in Chicago. I run the blog, Blonde Bedhead, but I also photograph weddings and work in advertising.
2. What inspired you to start your fashion blog? Tieka of Selective Potential really inspired me because I didn't really know fashion blogs existed before she started hers, but I loved to photograph fashion shoots with friends, write freelance fashion-related articles and I also just love to have fun with personal style and fashion. It just made sense to start this little hobby where all the things I was passionate about would be in one singular place.
3. How has your personal sense of style evolved over the blogging years? My style has definitely evolved. I take bigger risks and have more confidence to wear bold colors and accessories. I also developed a deep affinity for ridiculous shoes, which I never had until I started the blog and started noticing the amazing shoes that exist out there!
5. What are some of your favorite things about living in Chicago? Everywhere you go in Chicago, there is a great restaurant near and the choices are endless. I love food, particularly greasy, delicious foods, so when I see a pub or old diner, I'm thrilled! I also love the access I have to fun shops like TopShop, Zara and other small boutiques and vintage shops that are in Chicago. It's so easy to go shopping and spend the entire day visiting just one neighborhood for their shops!
7. What are your dreams and aspirations for your blog?
My blog has already done so much for me. It's given me a way to be creative and it's helped me land jobs. I don't think I'd ever want to blog full-time, but keep it as a fun project, so it stays fun for me, but I'd still like it to grow and for me to earn more great opportunities to work with brands I love!
8. What fall/winter trends are you most excited about? Two words: Leopard print. As if I needed an excuse to wear my favorite print, but it's hot this season and I'm so ecstatic that I can find coats, tops, pants, skirts, shoes, belts, etc in the print.
10. Do you have any tips for new or aspiring fashion bloggers? My tip is to start it because you love whatever you love--whether it's personal style, photography, fashion, street-style and you want to talk about it and share with others, not because you want free shit. That will come later, I promise.
Aw, a BIG thank you to Andrea for this fantastic interview! Hope you guys enjoyed learning a little bit more about this fabulous gal! I absolutely adored reading all of her answers. Be sure to pop on over to her blog (to say hi!) and follow along. You can also connect her with her via Twitter! Hope everyone is enjoying a fantastic Friday, and happy almost weekend, guys!! xo